August 16, 2015

Wrong Number Calls

Written By:  Andrew Eide

Do you know what I find really amusing? Well, okay, I mean what I find really annoying? Wrong phone calls to my home.

I do not understand how I receive so many wrong numbers on my home phone. I’ve had this phone number for over two years. Here is what happens with these wrong number callers.

The phone rings and I answer it. The caller is asking for someone who does not live here and who has never lived here. I inform the caller that they have dialed incorrectly and they need to check the number they are calling. At this point one of two things happen.

The first is that they will apologize and then immediately call my number again and ask for the same person again. For the second time I inform them they have dialed incorrectly. They apologize for a second time and then immediately call my number again and ask for the same person again. At this point I have no patience left and I inform the caller about the extremely low level I.Q. they possess. Usually I never receive a call from that person again.

The second is that they will argue with me. I have callers who mis-dialed and got my phone number by mistake say, “I know (name of person) is there! You put them on the phone now!” So I have to inform this obviously insane person that nobody by that name has ever lived her or had this phone number. So they can demand all they want but I cannot produce someone who has never existed here. Often they will counter with, “Well this is the phone number they gave me!” At this point I have to inform the caller that just because someone gives them a phone number doesn’t mean they gave them their correct phone number. There is the possibility that the person you want to talk to knows what a complete moron you are so they gave a fake phone number to avoid your dumb self!

I then inform the caller that I have their number written down, from Caller ID, and that if they continue to call me when they know they have the wrong number, I will contact the Police and my Attorney and prosecute them for harassment. I don’t receive any further phone calls from these people.



No comments:

Post a Comment