April 12, 2016

April the Cocker Spaniel

Written By:  Andrew Eide

I don’t remember the exact year when my brother received April, his Cocker Spaniel, as his special doggy but I believe it was around the same time I got Lucky as my dog so I believe it was around 1995 or 1996.

Please note that the photo in this blog is not actually April as I have no photos of the real April so I had to get a photo of a blonde Cocker Spaniel off the Internet.

My brother’s wife, Carol, got April as a puppy and presented it to my brother. Since April was given to my brother in April my sister in-law Carol gave her the full name of April May June Eide. No I’m not making that up.

As everyone knows I love dogs. When my mother moved from Ohio to live with Jim and Carol and April I was thrilled to have the opportunity to fly up to see how mother was doing after her trip from Ohio and to meet April for the first time.

I was holding April on my lap and adoring her when she went to kiss me but because she was so excited she nipped at my nose and nearly bit me. My sister in-law yelled at April as follows:  APRIL MAY JUNE WHY DID YOU BITE UNCLE ANDY?

As a kid if your mother ever called you by your full name you knew you were in trouble. The same applied to April. When Carol called April by her full name April knew she was in trouble. After that April couldn’t love and kiss me enough which was fine with me as I love doggy kisses.


No comments:

Post a Comment