January 1, 2017

New Years Resolutions for 2017

Written By:  Andrew Eide

Most of us make New Year’s Resolutions and most of us never follow through on those decisions.

I have a few resolutions for 2017 that I hope I can follow through on. The list is as follows:

(1) I want to continue to lose weight. For a time in 2016 I reached over 230 pounds. At 5’10” in height carrying 230 pounds of weight was difficult. As I’m writing this blog my weight is between 212 to 215 pounds. I cringe when I go up to 215 or higher so I want to keep under that weight. I am taking it slowly and my ultimate goal is to reach 180 pounds again. Things I do to help achieve this goal are to eat less and exercise more. My exercise since August 2016 is Disc Golf and walking. Since I am under 215 pounds my first goal would be to reach 210, then 200, then 190, and ultimate obtain the 180 pounds.

(2) The goal I have in regard to immigration is that we want to obtain Immigrant status for Becx’s mother. We filed the documents and we are waiting for them to adjust her status from Tourist to Immigrant so she can get her Green Card and a Social Security number. After that we can purchase medical insurance for her.

(3) Also on the subject of Immigration since Becx obtained her United States Citizenship in August 2016 she will file for Keira to obtain her United States Citizenship in 2017. We will also file along with that a name change for Keira. Since I had Becx change her name from Redondo to Redondo-Eide I have asked her when we change Keira’s name that we also change her last name to Redondo-Eide so she retains the history of both family names.

(4) The final resolution I have is to purchase a home in 2017. We need to work hard to ensure both our credit scores are above the 600 mark. Once that is accomplished we have a home building in Winder, Georgia, who is building close to 100 homes in a new development. We can purchase with a VA Home Loan which means we do not have to make a down payment except for a token $100 fee. Since we are purchasing the home with a VA Home Loan the builder, which is LGI Homes, will pay our closing costs. In addition to that they will pay the first year of Homeowner’s Association dues which is something like $250 per year and they will fix any defects or problems in the home they built for us for the first 12 months. The model home we want to purchase is Burton. It is a single floor home that is close to 2,000 square feet. If they can build one with a basement, which does not require that the home be built on an uneven lot, I may ask for one with a basement as I have a plan for the use of it.

I will keep you informed during the year of which of these Resolutions we managed to keep and obtain.


No comments:

Post a Comment