January 3, 2018

New Years Resolutions

Written By:  Andrew Eide

When a new year comes into existence two things happen. One is that most people want to celebrate the doing away with the current year and launching into a new year and the other is that most people make resolutions they want to accomplish in the near year. Both are usually doomed to failure.

I honestly don’t care if I am in the year 2017 or 2018. It is just another day and another number added to the number of years. Since time on Earth is a man-made concept for how to determine time in certain segments it isn’t relative to what the Universe is doing. For all we know time is a fluid item in the Universe and it doesn’t have a beginning or an end. For us as humans on Planet Earth, which is miniscule compared to the entire Universe, then how we determine time is meaningless in the overall concept of things.

On the concept of making resolutions to keep in the new year I’ve never met anyone who kept all their resolutions. Maybe it is nice to make a list to put in front of you to remind you what you want to accomplish but if every year you accomplish one or two of the dozen or more resolutions then you have failed so why keep doing it year after year throughout your life?

I have a to-do list of things I wish to accomplish but they are not things I need to list as resolutions to accomplish because they are normally in-real-life things that I am trying to accomplish on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. Since I am continually attempting to resolve these items at all times I never feel a need to make resolutions to lead me into the next year as New Year’s Resolutions.



1 comment: