January 25, 2016

Discrimination Due to Being a White Male in His 60's

Written By:  Andrew Eide

This post is about the discrimination I face for being a White Male and in my 60’s as I am currently 62 years of age. This discrimination, however, has been going on since I turned 55 so it is a common thing.

I want to work. Even though I am retired from the U.S. Navy and I receive a Retirement income I still want to work. The problem is that people refuse to hire me due to my age. That’s age discrimination correct? Then you add into the mix that I am male and White and you can see I have a triple whammy against me.

How can I be sure it is discrimination you ask? Glad you asked because I am here to tell you.

What do most businesses want? They want part-time workers so that they don’t have to pay into Medical insurance or into Retirement accounts. So I want to work part-time and I don’t need medical or retirement benefits as I already have them through the Military. And yet every job I apply for as a part-time worker they refuse to consider me. What reason can you give other than discrimination against me for being old, White, and male?

I see Black persons and Hispanic persons hired and they are in the 50’s and older so these businesses are hiring people who are in their 50’s and older. But when I apply they don’t want me.

Businesses also state how much they love to hire Military Veterans and yet when I apply to every company that tells me if you are a Military Veteran they want to hire you but they never hire me. What reason can you give other than discrimination against me for being old, White, and male?

Also most businesses who want to hire part-time workers state they love hiring retired persons as they have the experience, they possess great work ethics, and they have a loyalty and reliability that young workers don’t possess. And yet again when I apply with 42 years of work experience, great work ethics, and a loyalty and reliability level far surpassing young people today I am never considered for the job. What reason can you give me other than discrimination against me for being old, White, and male?


No comments:

Post a Comment