May 23, 2019

Eddie

Written By:  Andrew Eide


Today my story is about my friend Eddie. We went to High School together but we attended different Elementary and Junior High Schools due to living in a different district for those two schools.

We always teased Eddie for being Gay since being Gay back in 1969 to 1972, our High School years, was considered rare and amusing at the same time. We even taunted Eddie, but as our friend and not maliciously, by chanting EDDIE IS A HOMO!

Yeah I look back on that now and realize me and my friends were morons but Eddie didn’t mind.

Was Eddie out to recruit others into being Gay? Nope! Eddie was the nicest and generous person you would ever want to meet and have as a friend. Many times I visited Eddie at his house and we got high on drugs and I would pass out. When I revived I was fine. Eddie never laid a finger on me and never touched me in any manner. That is how much of a true friend and gentleman Eddie was.

We hooked up in the 1990’s by chance through Classmates website. Want to know what Eddie told me?

Eddie asked me if I remember all of us calling him a Homo and I said I remembered and I apologize for my actions. Eddie said not to apologize as it was a rare concept from 1969 to 1971.

Eddie then asked me if I hear the stories people tell that you are born as a homosexual or lesbian and I told him I have heard of that. He said that is bullshit. He said you are born heterosexual and you are “indoctrinated” into being homosexual or lesbian. He said one of his Uncles introduced him to same-sex affairs and told him it was not unusual and to accept it so Eddie told me he did accept it but it never felt right.

Eddie then told me he realized it was wrong, and against how he was born, so he left being a homosexual, got married to a woman, they are happy and they have two children. Eddie told me to never buy into the concept that people are born homosexual or lesbian as that is not true.

I learned a lot from Eddie that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment