June 24, 2019

Euthanasia

Written By:  Andrew Eide


I have a question and I hope someone has a better answer than I have.

I want to know why, if your pet is terminally ill, you have the option to bring them to the Veterinarian and have your pet euthanized to end their suffering, but when you have a terminally ill human family member you are not allowed to, and they are not allowed to, ask that they be euthanized to end their suffering.

My last wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2005. She suffered horribly, and painfully, until July 17, 2009, when they finally passed away.

She wanted to put an end to her suffering and I did also. But the law prevented us from doing so. However after she passed away my dog, Lucky, was no longer able to eat or stand or walk and could barely breathe, and I was able to take him to the Veterinarian and have him euthanized to end his suffering.

Do you, the reader, have any logical reason why animals are allowed to be put out of their suffering but humans, in most States, are not able to do the same thing when their suffering is unbearable?

Here is what I think is going on. The Medical industry is one of the most lucrative, meaning money-making, industries in the world. If a person is terminally ill and suffering horribly and they give them an injection and in a few moments they are no longer alive they make only a little bit of money.

But what if they keep you on a machine that breathes for you, circulates your blood for you, and filters your blood since your kidneys are no longer working? They make thousands of dollars per day keeping you alive you think? So if they can give you an injection to let you pass away they might make one thousand dollars. If they force you to stay alive for as long as they can they can make hundreds of thousands of dollars.

That is what I believe is going on. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment