February 9, 2016

Things I Hate

Written By:  Andrew Eide

There are several things I hate. Of these things I hate I will not tolerate them as I feel they are the worst things people can do.

LYING - I will not tolerate lying. I feel the most important trait a person can possess is to tell the truth. It isn’t always easy to tell the truth but if you tell one lie then nothing you say after that point can be taken seriously. I see so many articles on dating that tell you to do this or that but the one thing they never tell people to do while dating is to tell the truth. You can make up all the things you want to tell your date but eventually they will figure out you are lying and you will no longer be trusted.

TELLING THE TRUTH AND THEN YOU ARE ACCUSED OF LYING - Oh man this is one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate it when I tell the truth and the person, persons, or organization I’m talking to calls me a liar and accuses me of not being honest with them. I’ve had that happen too often during my 42 years of working that it is something that drives me to get very upset and I get in the face of the people accusing me and call them out.

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - When you are running a business you need to provide good customer service. On Sunday, February 7, 2016, I had two horrible customer service incidents, one at WalMart and the other at Costco, and both incidents have me so upset I don't want to shop at either store again. I went to WalMart to pick up a cake and cupcakes for Keira's birthday. It should have taken 10 minutes to walk in, get my items, and check out of WalMart. It took me 1.5 hours becuase the regular Bakery crew was given the day off and they failed to fill any orders so the poor woman who had to fill in had to fill all the unfilled orders. Costco was also a simple 15 minute trip to pick up four rotisserie chickens for Keira's birthday party. It took 1.5 hours because their store is set up so that can't see the signs until you are 10 feet away from the counters and the fact that although chickens were cooking in the ovens there wasn't a single chicken on the display for customers to take. Customer service is extremely important to me but apparently customer service is not important to WalMart and Costco. They both received a scathing Yelp report from me so I hope they are happy with what I wrote.

So if you want to deal with me you better be willing to tell the truth. Also when I tell you the truth you better not try to accuse me of lying.


No comments:

Post a Comment