September 24, 2016

Death of My Lucky Dog in July 2009

Written By:  Andrew Eide

My dog was Lucky. I had him in my life from his birth on March 11, 1995 until he passed away o July 19, 2009, just two days after my last wife died of cancer. Today I wish to tell you the life story of Lucky Dog and why he died two days after my wife did. Lucky was 14 years and 4 months old when he died.

 Lucky came into my life when he was 6 weeks of age. As you can see from the various photos above you can see him with me as a puppy at 6 weeks of age and then the last photo of him was on July 5, 2009, just two weeks before Lucky passed away. His Groomer, Shiloh, came to our home to bathe and groom Lucky and this is how he looked on that day. So when he passed away two later, two days after my last wife died, you know Lucky Dog was looking as good on his way out as he did on his way into my life.

In the photos above you can see how adorable Lucky was at 6 weeks of age the day I brought him home and then you can see him two weeks before he passed away. I had Lucky cremated and I have his ashes in a box sitting on my computer desk so that he is always near to me. You can see the box I placed Lucky’s ashes in. I had the plaque made but the little four leaf clover came from his Groomer, Shiloh, as she always felt that Lucky was a very special dog to her.

Shiloh was such a sweet woman and she told the other groomers that NOBODY in the grooming salon will bathe and groom Lucky but her. When Lucky wasn’t able to get around much due to old age Shiloh would come to my home and bathe lucky in our guest bathroom and groom him also. How sweet.

Around the age of 10 years of age Lucky started having hearing problems and he was nearly totally deaf by age 11. Then by age 12 he was having heart and joint problems and he was totally deaf of course. Lucky was having a very difficult time standing up and walking around and even a more difficult time going potty and eating. This was around the same time my last wife became bedridden from breast cancer.

Lucky seemed to know that my last wife as dying and I believe he hung onto his life to be a support to her because she passed away on July 17, 2009, which was her 59th birthday and Lucky passed away two days later on July 19, 2009. It was a noble thing for him to do, to sacrifice his security and health, for her benefit.

Lucky Dog truly was, as the plaque on his Ashes Box states, MY BEST DOG EVER.





No comments:

Post a Comment