September 20, 2016

Death of My Previous Wife in 2009

Written By:  Andrew Eide

Cancer is an equal-opportunity thing and it doesn’t discriminate whether you are young or old, White or Black or Asian or Hispanic, or whether you are rich or poor. Cancer is evil and disgusting and today I will tell you about the situation with my last wife, Blanche, and how she ended up suffering for 4 years with breast cancer to which she finally died of.

My last wife had a condition called Fibrocystic Cysts. This means that small cysts develop in the breast tissue, fill with fluid, then need to be drained of that fluid. People with this condition rarely develop cancer so they are considered fortunate.

My last wife kept having the cysts drained and told by the doctors that the pathology test on the fluid indicates there are no cancer cells present.

Then in October 2004 I needed back surgery as I had a badly herniated disc in my back that was pinching the sciatic nerve. I will write a blog article on that later in the month of September.

After the surgery my last wife started having more pain and more cysts in her breasts. Then in April 2005 she demanded to have a biopsy done and tested to see if she had cancer or not in her breasts. She wavered between not wanting to know and knowing once and for all what was going on. Regardless of which decision she wanted, which changed daily, she would claim that not knowing if she had cancer was stressing her and knowing would alleviate the stress because she would know what is going on.

In April 2005 she found out she did, in fact, have breast cancer. She ended up stressing 10 times more than before she knew if she had cancer or not. She then claimed that if she didn’t know she wouldn’t be as stressed but I reminded her how stressed she was prior to knowing.

Over the years from April 2005 to February 2009 she continued to deteriorate. The problem was that when fully healthy she was at the most 110 pounds and 5 feet 3 inches tall. She was so skinny that the doctor told her if they tried to remove the tumor in her chest they would have to remove half her chest and she would either die on the operating table or never recover from the surgery.

Also being a person who takes something as simple as an aspirin and her body freaks out and goes into convulsions we knew that chemotherapy and radiation would only kill her faster than the cancer would.

By February 2009 the tumor was about the size of an avocado seed and it was busting out of her skin so it was visible on the outside of her body. She was completely bedridden by March 2009 and she died on July 17, 2009, which just happened to be her 59th birthday.

Although during our 19 year marriage she was extremely mean and disrespectful to me it was still hard to watch her waste away and suffer dying from cancer. I was relieved when she passed away as I knew she was no longer suffering. My dog, Lucky, passed away two days later on July 19, 2009, and my next blog article will discuss his life and why he passed away two days after my last wife did.


No comments:

Post a Comment