February 24, 2015

Chocolate Covered What?

Written By:  Andrew Eide

As previously mentioned my husband, Andy, is a certified Chocoholic, and he says everything tastes great when covered in chocolate. Although I eat chocolate occasionally I don’t enjoy chocolate at the level he does. As I talk about things people cover with chocolate, and then eat, you will see that I simply cannot believe everything tastes great when covered in chocolate.

Some of the traditional items people cover in chocolate and then enjoy eating include:  Raisins, peanuts, caramel, cream filling, ice cream, and strawberries.

Here is where it gets strange, my stomach begins to do somersaults, and I feel like losing something I ate from my last meal.

Some people enjoy encasing the following things inside of chocolate and then eating them:  Ants, beetles, grasshoppers, and a host of other critters which should be left out in the field and not in my stomach!
My husband told me about an odd one he experienced around in 2002 when he and his Supervisor went to a store during their lunch break. This item is not a traditional chocolate covered item such as raisins, peanuts, etc. This item is not some disgusting bug either. What my husband told me about was dark chocolate covered espresso beans sold by Trader Joe’s.
Andy told me that at first the thought of crunching on espresso beans was not appealing to him. Then he figured since the beans were covered in chocolate it would still taste great. Even my chocoholic husband admits that the bitterness of the espresso beans completely overshadowed his enjoyment of their chocolate coating. So maybe this disproves his theory that everything tastes great when covered in chocolate eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment