February 3, 2015

Today Is Keira's 6th Birthday

Written By:  Andrew Eide

Today is Keira's 6th birthday. I remember a little 1.5 year old girl leaping into my arms in July 2010 when I traveled to Manila to marry Becx (Keira's Mom). Now she is 6 years old and progressing well.

This week Becx is in Houston, Texas doing an installation project for their Franchise locations there. She could not change the dates of this travel since it was scheduled by her supervisor and CEO of her company.

When Keira comes home from school today Nanay and me will have a small cake for Keira and I will give Keira two small gifts. The rest of her gifts will be given to her on Saturday as we are having a combined birthday celebration for Keira and Jaida (daughter of our friend Joy).

Becx will try to call on a video call later today so that she can talk with Keira and wish her a happy birthday.

Travel isn't fun when you miss birthdays and holidays. Having served in the United States Navy for 20 years I can tell you I missed many birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays, and it hurts when that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment