October 28, 2016

Banged Head at Fullington Street

Written By:  Andrew Eide

This incident while I was living at 4022 Fullington Street in Oakland, California, happened when I was maybe 2 to 3 years of age.

Our hallway leading from the living room to the bedroom was hardwood floors. My father and brother would put on socks and take a run down the carpeted hallway and when they hit the waxed hardwood floor they would slide down the hallway and into the bedroom at the end of the hall.

That looked like so much fun for little me did the same thing. I stayed upright and slid all the way down the hallway and into the bedroom only to hit the sharp corner of a large wooden table in the bedroom. That opened a gash in my forehead that required being taken to the Emergency Room and getting stitched up.

To this day 60 years later I can still see that table corner flying toward my forehead.

After I got stitched up I was fine. We were playing in the living room, which was carpeted, and this was about a week after I hit my head initially, so I wasn’t totally healed up yet. I tripped and of course slammed my head into the coffee table right on the very same spot where I busted open my head previously and had stitches.

Mom rushed me back to the Emergency Room and I had to get stitched up again. Twice in two weeks. Man that sucks.

I’ve never had any incidents like that again so I am fortunate. I also learned not to take stupid risks like I did back then when I was a little kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment