October 26, 2016

Hit By a Car While Crossing Fullington Street

Written By:  Andrew Eide


I believe I was 5 or 6 years of age at the time of this incident. At the time, being such a young age, I always thought Fullington Street was a very wide street. Today I look at Fullington Street and if a car is parked at the curb at both sides of the street there is barely enough room in the middle of the street to drive your car between the two parked cars.

On this day I was visiting my friend Grady who lived in the duplex across the street from our home.

We were always taught to stop at the curb, look both ways numerous times, and never step out into the street until you are sure no cars are coming. Since Fullington Street is only one block long, and nobody would drive down Fullington Street unless they knew where they were going, we rarely had cars to watch out for.

But on this day I did the required stop and look both ways several times. After seeing no cars were coming I ran across Fullington Street to get back to my home. As soon as I reached the middle of the street the Pickup Truck driven by our neighbor Dutch, slammed into me.

Although I tumbled down the street I didn’t have any injuries except for a bruised hip.



No comments:

Post a Comment