October 1, 2016

October is a Month to Focus on Scary and Shocking Things

Written By:  Andrew Eide

When you think of October the first thing that comes to mind is Halloween when we focus on scary and shocking things.

For our blog for October 2016 I will not be discussing Halloween in any form. I’m going to relate to you some of the scary and shocking things that happened to me while I was growing up in Oakland, California.

Over half the items I will present this month come from the time I lived at 4022 Fullington Street in Oakland. Although I was born in that home and lived there until I was 9 years old still over half the incidents I will present happened from that location and those 9 years. You will find it surprising that so many of those incidents could happen to me from birth to 9 years of age.

The remaining items are things that happened to me while we lived at 4263 Saint Andrews Road in Oakland. Although you would think that when I lived there, from age 9 to 18, that more things would have happened to me but they didn’t.

Either I got smarter as I grew older or the things that happened to me from age 9 to 18 didn’t seem as scary of shocking as they did to me from birth to 9 years of age so they didn’t stay with me like the early incidents have.



No comments:

Post a Comment