October 14, 2016

I Nearly Drowned In a Swimming Pool

Written By:  Andrew Eide

When I was very young, between the ages of 3 and 6, my father was a member of a family resort located in either Lafayette or Walnut Creek, California. He always said it was in Walnut Creek but since I know it was just as you came out of the Caldecott Tunnel you exited to get to the resort and that would make you in the location of Lafayette and not Walnut Creek.

The story goes that we were at the resort and me, being a little child, just calmly stepped off the side of the pool and into the water. The thing is I wasn’t in the 1 to 2 foot area of the pool I was in the deep end which was around 10 feet deep.

Nobody saw me drop into the pool which seems odd even to this day. When my mother and father didn’t see me walking around any longer they went to the pool. What they saw was surprising and amusing. They said there I was on the bottom of the pool in nearly 10 feet of water calmly walking on the bottom of the pool. They said I wasn’t scared or crying just calmly walking around like I owned the place.

The Life Guard on duty pulled me out and I was fine. To this day I have no clue why I didn’t get water in my lungs and nearly drown. Was it a miracle? Maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment